Sunday, August 4, 2013

What's Waiting On The Other Side Of Patience!



What’s waiting on the other side of Patience?

What does having patience mean?

Do you have time for patience? 

‘Have patience with all things, But, first of all with yourself.’  Saint Francis de Sales

I have always been aware of my impatience to some extent,   and I have been made more and more aware of the extreme nature of it in my life and mind set recently!  Master has showed me the harshness of being impatient, the intolerance he has for his submissive to be impatient and how suffocating being impatient can be and how destructive it is in a D/s relationship or life in general.
In the past when a task required patience, I would become busy doing things so I would not have to think, feel or wait.  And that is what I tried to do with Master. That was stopped in a Master minute.  He said NO, I want you to feel patience!  Feel patience?  Great, I do not have any let alone have enough to feel!  This was bizarre or was it?  Since I always “ran away” when life called for patience I came to the conclusion that lack of patience is synonymous with being ‘on the run’. There was always a resistance to stopping long enough to really see what’s in front of me to live in the “NOW” the presences!   

The moment I stopped long enough, sat and listened to the silence. Yes I knelt in the quietness of my room, in the dark and listened to nothing! It was then I realized that I had patience with everyone except myself!  Moreover, I was afraid of waiting, I feared that if something I want does not happen right when I want it to happen, then it will not happen at all, or it will happen differently from how I want it to happen, than I will be the victim! Therefore when we find ourselves impatient about something, it is really because we do not trust in the outcome. 

Impatience is a result of lack of trust! Great we are back to TRUST I thought that issue was handled, I trust Master. I trust him with my body, mind and soul!  But is Master the one I need to trust or is it myself?   Trust comes from within yourself, you need to trust yourself, your judgments, trust in the decisions you make!  AHH so this is where patience plays its part.  Having the patience, and in time it will be shown that yes this is the right decision, I do trust I made the correct judgment in his character. The more patience I have the more this is clarified. 

So therefore when that moment arrives, I will step into Masters, life as his slave and I will allow myself to serve on his terms, his schedule, his time. In doing so, I release myself from the stress of future management and will focus more on the present the now, and be available to him.
So what is waiting on the other side of patience?  Many rewards, freedom, presence, a sense of ease, trust, and love. There’s nothing so loving, as patience.

2 comments:

  1. I cannot begin to thank you enough for this post, Anika. I am so impatient. Not only with myself, which is the big problem, but with anything having to do with me. I feel like time is of the essence and that things must be done right away or they will never happen. It is so comforting to know that someone else has, or has had a similar mind set. Reading your words was creepy, only in the sense that it was everything I was thinking and feeling only moments ago while trying to write my own post on my own blog. You said it all perfectly, and I am not even sure I have ever met you at SOS. I am coming to terms with embracing time. However short it might be. Time with each person, each situation, each passing day, hour, and moment, I am learning to embrace it. I only hope that with embracing time and allowing it to take its course that I can gain all the promises that it brings. Thank you so much for such a wonderfully composed post. You have helped ease the wandering and worrying mind of a lonely submissive.

    Thank you to SOS for facilitating such growth in me. For so many kind words, people, lessons, and fun. SOS is home. Thank you for providing a wonderfully safe atmosphere Sir Mik and your lovely girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderfully stated post, Anika. It is always a struggle to not only be patient with ourselves (especially those of us who strive for constant perfection) but to truly release the control often sought in this area and serve on our Master's time; not our own.

    ReplyDelete